Exceptional transportation

Via teuv.wegenenverkeer.be/uitzonderlijk-vervoer/ you can connect to version 2.0 of WebTeuv.

Network 120: Avenue du Comte Moens de Fernig, Laeken, is closed.

Through WebTeuv, you can process your permit applications online.

How do you use WebTeuv?

In order to gain access to WebTeuv, you must first register as an "online applicant". To do so, you must complete and submit the registration form once. Within two business days, your access will be confirmed at the email address which you have provided. From then on, you can log on to WebTeuv and complete and submit your permit application online.

Requesting a permit by registered mail

A permit may also be requested by registered mail

Brussels Mobility - Directorate for Vehicles and Goods Transport

Place Saint Lazare 2

B-1035 Brussels 


Important note

WebTEUV, the online application for requesting and managing exceptional transport permits in Belgium is due for a new version.

This will make the problems with capricious PDF files and notifications, such as “Please Wait”, or “The signature is invalid”, a thing of the past once and for all.

In the new version, the company-level login that was sometimes used by multiple people will disappear. Everyone will log in via an individual account and will then access the appropriate company. The main differences are described in  this document.docx (352.2 KB)

There is a difference between Belgian companies and non-Belgian companies.

Belgian companies

All Belgian companies that have a login and password for WebTEUV (on 28/4/2023) were assigned to WebTEUV based on their CBE number.

Each company is itself responsible for the subsequent registration of their employees so that they can log into WebTEUV.

That registration process consists of 2 parts. Some parts may already have been dealt with for your company.

  1. Designate access managers in CSAM
  2. Create access to WebTEUV for your employees

How to carry out this process is described in this  manual.pdf(PDF) (698.36 KB) .

If your company has employees who do not have a Belgian identity card but still need to be able to log into WebTEUV, those persons must apply for a BIS number if they do not already have one. Please enquire on the page:

Requesting and activating digital keys | BOSA

It may be tempting to deny access to employees who use WebTEUV only sporadically and let them log in using others' log-in details.

Anyone who passes on their login credentials to others, however, is giving their digital identity away to others. This can have far-reaching consequences.

In addition, it is recommended that your employees activate multiple digital keys on CSAM so that they are not dependent on 1 single system in order to log in.

Non-Belgian companies

Non-Belgian companies cannot use this system. They will receive an e-mail that allows them to create a list of persons who have access to their company's data.

Employees of these companies will log in with a username (e-mail address), password and e-mail verification. Employees with a Belgian identity card or BIS number will also log in via this method.

These companies cannot manage the list of people who have access to their WebTEUV pages themselves.

If you wish to give access to other people in your company, you must fill in the form via this link specifying the surname, first name and e-mail address of the persons concerned.

In this case too, access is strictly personal.

Individuals logging into multiple companies:

It may happen that one person uses WebTEUV for multiple enterprises.

  • Multiple Belgian companies: When logging in via CSAM, the person will be able to choose which company to log in for at that time.
  • Multiple foreign companies: The person will need to provide a separate e-mail address for each company. When logging in, this person will need to have access to the corresponding e-mail address.
  • A mix of Belgian and foreign companies: For Belgian companies, the person will log in through CSAM. For each foreign company, the person will need to provide a separate e-mail address.

Natural persons

Natural persons may apply for exceptional transportation permits.

As a natural person, you cannot currently access WebTEUV. Also, individuals who had access in the past will not currently have it. We are working on a solution to provide access to natural persons as well, but at this time, we cannot announce when that solution will be implemented.

We recommend that these individuals contact a mandatory. These are companies that submit requests for others. They can also explain specific rules and provisions etc., for the requested transport. You can also contact a specialist transportation company that arranges both the permit and the transportation.

If you still wish to apply for your permit yourself, please contact the administration of your region (see contact information) or, in the case of persons not living in Belgium, the region that best suits your choice of language. If you have been issued a permit in the past, it will be helpful to include that permit number.

What is exceptional transport?

An exceptional vehicle is a car, a trailer or a tow which, because of its construction or because of its indivisible load, exceeds the limits upon the mass or the dimensions as set down in the Highway Code and the Technical Regulations. A permit is then required.

  • Single vehicle length: 12 m
  • Length of tractor & trailer: 16.50 m
  • Length of truck + trailer: 18.75 m
  • Width: 2.55 m
  • Height: 4.00 m
  • Mass: 44 tonnes for configurations with 5 axles
  • Rear overhang: 3.00 m

Invoicing permits

The Brussels Capital Region is responsible for the invoicing of the exceptional transport permits issued for the 3 regions. All processed applications will be invoiced in the month after they were processed. For example, applications processed from 1 to 31 May will be invoiced during the month of June. 

Be sure to use the structural notice and the correct bank account number! The account number used by the regions is different from the invoices coming from FPS Mobility and Transport. 

Caution: a fee is also charged for a rejected or canceled file. This fee is 20% of the initial amount. You will receive an invoice for this.

For all questions regarding your invoice, please contact mobilite@sprb.brussels

Levies for 2024

Federal levy amounts

In application of Article 8 of the Royal Decree dated 2 June 2010 with regard to the road transportation of exceptional vehicles, the amounts have been adjusted and rounded as follows:


levy 100%   

levy 20%

exceptional vehicles in categories 1 and 2


105 euros

21 euros

exceptional vehicles in categorie 3

158 euro

32 euros

exceptional vehicles in categorie 4

210 euros

42 euros


Walloon levy amounts

In application of Article 11 of the Decree of the Walloon Government dated 29 November 2012 concerning the issuance of a permit for exceptional transport, the amounts have been adjusted and rounded as follows:

  levy 100%    levy 20%

exceptional vehicles in categories 1 et 2   

33 euros

7 euros

exceptional vehicles in categorie 3

53 euros

11 euros

exceptional vehicles in categorie 4

53 euros

11 euros



A private supervisor must be certified.

Since 1 January 2018, supervisor certification has fallen under the jurisdiction of the regions. Thus, this power is no longer the responsibility of the FPS.

The contact address for requesting this assistance is:

Police Fédérale - DGA - DAO - PCNIP
Rue Royale 202a
1000 Bruxelles


Technical masses

Travel route network

  • 5Km/h sur autoroutes: accompagnement par un service de police pour traverser plusieurs ponts qui se suivent à la vitesse limitée de 5 km/h sur autoroutes ou voies à minimum deux bandes de circulation dans chaque sens, où la vitesse maximale autorisée est supérieure à 70 km/h. Plus d' info :  Note aux demandeurs et utilisateurs d’autorisations de transport exceptionnel.pdf(PDF) (83.24 KB)
  • Classe 90: les itinéraires doivent être reconnus par l'utilisateur avant le départ du transport. Toute modification doit être demandée au Service Transport exceptionnel. Plus d'info :  classe90.pdf(PDF) (574.35 KB)
  • Classe 120: les itinéraires doivent être reconnus par l'utilisateur avant le départ du transport. Toute modification doit être demandée au Service Transport exceptionnel. Plus d'info :  classe120.pdf(PDF) (270.94 KB)
  • Grues: les itinéraires doivent être reconnus par l'utilisateur avant le départ du transport. Toute modification doit être demandée au Service Transport exceptionnel. Plus d'info :  grue.pdf(PDF) (251.21 KB)
  • Autoroutes: les itinéraires doivent être reconnus par l'utilisateur avant le départ du transport. Toute modification doit être demandée au Service Transport exceptionnel. Plus d'info :  autoroutes.pdf(PDF) (233.82 KB)
  • Remarques importantes pour les réseaux.pdf(PDF) (156.09 KB)

Road works

  • Traffic on the Rue Heyvaert, between the Rue de Gosselies and the Quai de l'Industrie, part located upon the territory of the municipality of Saint-Jean-Molenbeek, is prohibited for vehicles whose mass exceeds 3.5 tonnes. 
  • Exceptional transportation may no longer cross the Boulevard du Jubilé bridge.

Useful links:





Bruxelles Mobilité
Direction Véhicules et Transport de Marchandises
Place Saint-Lazare 2
1035 Bruxelles
Tél : +32 (0)800 94 001
DG Routes et Bâtiments
Direction de la Réglementation de la Sécurité routière - Service Transport exceptionnel
Boulevard du Nord, 8 - 5000 Namur
Tél : +32 (0)81 77 24 00
Agentschap Wegen en Verkeer
Afdeling Expertise Verkeer en Telematica - Team Zwaar Vervoer
Koning Albert II-laan 20 bus 4
Tel: +32 (0)2 553 78 47
Mail: zwaar.vervoer@mow.vlaanderen.be